Subject: FW: Request for financial support in 2025
From: "Kristiin Meos"
To: "KUM min"
Date: Fri, 23 May 2025 09:09:43 +0300

Tere

Palun registreerida ja suunata maksmisesse Europeana 2025. aasta toetus 
rahvusvaheliste organisatsioonide liikmemaksude realt.

Tervitades

Kristiin

From: Shadi Ardalan <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2025 9:00 AM
To: Kristiin Meos <[email-masked]>
Cc: Harry Verwayen <[email-masked]>; Albert Verhaar 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Request for financial support in 2025

Dear Kristiin,

With many thanks for your commitment to Europeana's efforts, I'm attaching 
the invoice for your kind contribution this year.

Your support truly makes a difference, and we will be sure to keep you 
updated on our progress.

Thank you again, with best regards,
Shadi

On Thu, 22 May 2025 at 08:09, Kristiin Meos <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> > wrote:

Dear Harry,

We would like to thank you and your team for your important and tireless 
work. The Estonian Ministry of Culture will continue to support Europeana 
with a contribution of €15,000.

Could you please send us the invoice for the 2025 contribution?

Kind regards,

Kristiin Meos

Adviser (Digital Heritage)

Cultural Heritage Department

The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Estonia

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
+372 628 2253

Suur-Karja 23 | 15076   Tallinn | Estonia

 <https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kul.ee%2Fen&data=05%7C01%7Celisabeth.lamaker%40vlaanderen.be%7C5ef7a7a151ee4875b0fc08da334f22ac%7C0c0338a695614ee8b8d64e89cbd520a0%7C0%7C0%7C637878712244727705%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=mHS1IcOMGdeEVPvQ4e4K6DGcszpUyc7iXe2BTOJ2c2M%3D&reserved=0> 
www.kul.ee/en

From: Harry Verwayen <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2025 5:08 PM
To: Kristiin Meos <[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Cc: Albert Verhaar <[email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> >; Shadi Ardalan 
<[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> >
Subject: Request for financial support in 2025

Dear Kristiin,

I would like to thank you and your colleagues in Estonia for the continuous 
support of Europeana's work over the years. This partnership and our 
long-standing cooperation with the Estonian Ministry of Culture and the 
Estonian e-Repository and Conservation of Collections have certainly 
enriched the common European data space for cultural heritage and other 
Europeana projects, and advanced our shared goals. To ensure our collective 
efforts reach their full potential, and to scale, we need your support and 
sustained investment in our projects and activities in 2025.

The Europeana Initiative, the data space for cultural heritage, and our 
sector stand at a pivotal juncture. We have a unique opportunity to position 
the data space as the central entry point for cultural heritage data in 
Europe - serving as a trusted connector and facilitator for key initiatives 
and actors across our sector. These include the Collaborative Cloud for 
Cultural Heritage, the Data Spaces for Tourism, Media, and Language, EIT 
Culture & Creativity, 3D-4CH, the European Heritage Hub, the Heritage 
Research Hub: ARCHE and RCH partnerships, among others.

By actively participating in and connecting with these initiatives, we can 
create powerful complementarities and synergies. This is more than just 
collaboration; it's about: expanding the reach of the digital cultural 
heritage sector to new audiences and domains; strengthening the underlying 
infrastructures; fostering interoperability between diverse digital 
resources, enabling richer exchanges; driving the reuse of digital cultural 
heritage materials in innovative and transformative ways and in other fields 
and sectors; maximising support for our sector; and, thereby achieving 
significant scale.

These synergies will make the data space a richer, more inclusive and 
dynamic place, empowering institutions and professionals in Estonia to 
actively engage with, and benefit from, its collective reach and diverse 
offerings. This interconnected ecosystem will enable Estonia and other 
Member States to:

*	Participate in collaborative projects and knowledge-sharing networks
*	Connect national data to a broader European and global context, reaching 
new audiences
*	Gain access to specialised knowledge, know-how, and best practices in 
emerging fields, and utilise services and technological advancements

In addition, in the past two years, we have made significant progress in 
deploying the data space, establishing a reliable infrastructure, enhancing 
data aggregation systems, and supporting heritage professionals. Our 
recently completed and currently running projects, including XRCulture, 
Eureka3D-XR, 3DBigDataSpace, 3D-4CH, AI4Culture, and DEPLOYTOUR - Data Space 
for Tourism, utilise AI, 3D, and XR technologies to enrich the data space’s 
offerings.

For the data space to advance this vision of a vibrant and interconnected 
digital cultural heritage ecosystem, strategic investment is needed. It is 
in this context that I kindly request your financial support to ensure 
Europeana Initiative’s continued efforts related to these crucial 
connections throughout 2025.

Your financial support will not only contribute to the success of these 
projects but also lay the groundwork for long-term, sustainable development 
in digital cultural heritage in Estonia and across Europe.

For your reference, detailed information about our completed and ongoing 
projects is attached herewith.

Thank you for your consideration and looking forward to your support.

Warm regards,
Harry

-- 

Harry Verwayen | General Director
M: +31(0)6 10884060
E: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network 
Association: Sign up for the Association 
<https://pro.europeana.eu/network-association/sign-up>  | 
#EuropeanaCommunities | @Europeanaeu <https://twitter.com/Europeanaeu>  | 
Europeana Pro website <https://pro.europeana.eu/>

-- 

Shadi Ardalan | Head of Member State Relations & Governance
T: +31 (0)70 3140991
E: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network 
Association:  <https://pro.europeana.eu/network-association/sign-up> Sign up 
for the Association | #AllezCulture|  <https://twitter.com/Europeanaeu> 
@Europeanaeu |  <https://pro.europeana.eu/> Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential 
and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are

addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system 
manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,

distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email 
if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your

system.